Sunday, April 22, 2012

Exercises for this week

Hi everyone! I LOOOOOVVEEE Sunday's. For me, it's a day of refreshing and planning for the week to come; planning my schedule, my eats, and my workouts. Right now I'm doing a modified version of the Jamie Eason Live Fit trainer. I noted in my previous post that I only want to be at the gym 4-5 days a week and for her first phase, she eliminates cardio, which, I'm a cardio nut, so I have it added into my week. My modified version is centered around 4 good workout days, then the 5th day is abs and cardio that I can do from home.

Sunday 4/22 - Rest
Monday 4/23 - Chest, Triceps , Abs, Cardio
                         Chest/Triceps (3 sets of 12 with 1 min rest after each exercise)
                         Wide push ups
                         Dumbbell bench press
                         Flat bench cable flyes
                         Narrow push ups
                         Standing dumbbell triceps extension
                         Triceps push down with rope attachment
                        Abs (3 super sets, 30 reps each)
                        Boat crunch
                        Oblique crunches with feet on bench (15/side)
                        Regular crunches (slow and isolated)
                        Plank for 40 seconds then 20 side to sides
                        Reverse crunch
                       Cardio: 40 minutes, your choice
Tuesday 4/24 - Back, Biceps, Cardio
                       Back/Biceps (3 sets of 12 with 1 min rest after each exercise)
                       Wide grip lat pull down
                       1-arm dumbbell row
                       Seated cable row
                       Underhand cable pull down
                       Alternating bicep curl
                       1-arm preacher curl
                       Standing bicep cable curl
                      Cardio: 40 minutes, your choice
Wednesday 4/25 - Abs, Cardio  
                      Abs (3 super sets, 30 reps each)
                      Boat crunch
                     Oblique crunches with feet on bench (15/side)
                     Regular crunches (slow and isolated)
                     Plank for 40 seconds then 20 side to sides
                     Reverse crunch
                     Cardio: 40 minutes, your choice              
Thursday 4/26 - Shoulders
                     Shoulders (3 sets of 12 with 1 min rest after each exercise)
                     Seated dumbbell press
                     Front delt raise
                     Side lateral raise
                     Seated bent over rear delt raise
Friday 4/27 - Legs, Calves, Abs, Cardio
                     Legs/Calves (3 sets of 12 with 1 min rest after each exercise)
                     Leg press
                     Leg extensions
                     Wide stance barbell squat
                     Seated leg curl
                     Standing calf raise
                     Seated calf raise
                     Abs (3 super sets, 30 reps each)
                     Boat crunch
                     Oblique crunches with feet on bench (15/side)
                     Regular crunches (slow and isolated)
                     Plank for 40 seconds then 20 side to sides
                     Reverse crunch
                     Cardio: 40 minutes, your choice
Saturday 4/28 - Rest
Sunday 4/29 - Rest

I found some really great core exercises to do with yoga blocks. I didn't have any so I ordered some and they arrived in the mail yesterday. Next week I'll add those into my routine!

Try some of the workouts and let me know what you think :)

If you missed my last post about my new business adventure, be sure to check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment