Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby Steps

Slow and steady finishes the race!

I've found that if I try to make too many changes all at one time, I get really frustrated and just want to quit them all. I realized when I started small and took baby steps, it was easier to maintain a healthier lifestyle.

I want to eat healthy a majority of the time - probably 95% and maybe one day I'll even want to do it 100% of the time. I can't make that change overnight though. So, I started small and did something I knew I could do. I started eating healthy 3 days a week (all day) and then built myself up to 5-6 days.

This is just one situation. You could take the same concept and apply it to exercising. If you don't workout at all right now but you really want to start doing 4-5 days a week (or more?), you can start by planning 1-2 days of exercise and then work your way up to where you want to be.

My days at the gym are right where I want them to be and I did the progression method. It really makes me enjoy my rest days knowing that I am scheduled to rest that day. Thoughts of "gosh, can I fit the gym in today? No... shoot, I'm such a failure" no longer go through my head!

There are always things we can do to improve our health though! Today I decided to use a stability (yoga) ball while I worked at my computer. It keeps your core engaged which is so important for strength and posture!



What is one small thing you can do today to improve your health?

No comments:

Post a Comment